A global property company is reporting that the landscape for new hotel developments in Scotland is improving, fuelled in part by the sporting events taking (more…)
New official figures have shown that Scotland’s shops saw a fall in the number of visitors in the last month, but suffered less than most when compared to the UK as a whole.
According to data released by the Scottish Retail Consortium and Springboard, August’s footfall was down by 0.3 percent. Nationally, (more…)
Official figures recently released have suggested that the country’s retail sales have hit their highest point in (more…)
Scotland’s recovery is gathering pace it has been claimed, with the latest Bank of Scotland survey showing record increases in business activity and work levels.
According to Donald MacRae, the chief economist for the national bank, the recovery rate is “clearly quickening”.
He made the claims after the bank’s latest (more…)
New plans announced by Holyrood will see councils in Scotland given the power to set their own business rate relief packages.
The proposal, aimed at giving councils the control over responding to local needs, is one of a number of new measures being suggested.
Following a review being (more…)
A new industry survey has revealed that the number of engineering orders being placed in Scotland is at a two-year high.
The news comes courtesy of the Scottish Engineering quarterly review.
According to 45 per cent of those completing the survey, there has been a rise in orders, whilst a further 31 per (more…)
The Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) for July has shown that firms in Scotland are taking on more and more (more…)
Losses in the book publishing side of the firm has led to a fall in profits at a Scottish publisher, with significant levels of debt and a fall
A Scottish based packaging firm has made 90 redundancies in one of its operations south of the border, following the loss of a major contract.
The unemployment rate in Scotland is continuing to fall, with figures announced at the end of last year showing it is now below the UK average. According to
Ask the Expert
- Five reasons to use a factoring broker
- How do I choose between factoring companies in Scotland?
- How does asset finance work?
- How does invoice factoring work?
- Is invoice factoring suitable for every business?
- Is Scottish factoring a good way to raise capital?
- Understanding commercial finance
- What are the different forms of asset finance?
- What are the disadvantages with invoice factoring?
- What can a commercial finance broker do for me?
- What commercial finance options are available?
- What is invoice factoring and who can use it?
- What is meant by construction finance?
- What should I consider when looking for an invoice finance broker?
- Who can benefit from construction finance?
- Who can use the services of an asset finance broker?