Tough economic conditions are still causing severe difficulties in the Scottish construction sector, according to the latest figures from the Bank of Scotland. (more…)
The 103 former staff of McCowan’s, the toffee maker that collapsed in the autumn of last year, have been awarded more than £200,000 in compensation. (more…)
In 2013, the first ‘space tourists’ are scheduled to take off from a Virgin Galactic spaceport in New Mexico in the US. Though the venture headed by Richard Branson is yet to fully launch, it seems that expansion plans are already being explored. (more…)
The news earlier last week that Scottish retail sales had suffered their worst ever monthly performance in over ten years was put into sharp perspective on Friday with the news that UK sales had risen.
The figures released by the Office for National Statistics show that across the UK (more…)
Glasgow Rangers Football Club filed legal papers on Monday February 13 2012 making clear its intention to move into administration.
The papers were lodged by the club at the Court of Session in the capital, Edinburgh, notifying the authorities of (more…)
Scottish company Weir Group has continued its ambitious acquisition process, following a £200 million bid for an Australian mining company.
At present, it is only an indicative bid, with the Glasgow-based engineering company advising that their bid for Ludowici was subject to (more…)
It is possible to claim Working Tax Credits, Child Tax Credits or both, as long as you fulfil specified criteria. The claim will be based on the number of paid hours you work each week, the number of children and your total household income. (more…)
Losses in the book publishing side of the firm has led to a fall in profits at a Scottish publisher, with significant levels of debt and a fall
A Scottish based packaging firm has made 90 redundancies in one of its operations south of the border, following the loss of a major contract.
The unemployment rate in Scotland is continuing to fall, with figures announced at the end of last year showing it is now below the UK average. According to
Ask the Expert
- Five reasons to use a factoring broker
- How do I choose between factoring companies in Scotland?
- How does asset finance work?
- How does invoice factoring work?
- Is invoice factoring suitable for every business?
- Is Scottish factoring a good way to raise capital?
- Understanding commercial finance
- What are the different forms of asset finance?
- What are the disadvantages with invoice factoring?
- What can a commercial finance broker do for me?
- What commercial finance options are available?
- What is invoice factoring and who can use it?
- What is meant by construction finance?
- What should I consider when looking for an invoice finance broker?
- Who can benefit from construction finance?
- Who can use the services of an asset finance broker?